Friday 3 December 2010

Co-Sleeping

There are big arguments with this at the moment, Some argue it's the best thing, others argue it's the worst thing possible for your baby.
For me, it has NEVER even been an option.
Sure, I breastfeed and in the first few Months I may of fallen asleep whilst feeding, but always was I sat up with support so I couldn't roll over onto my baby.
I know I am a very deep sleeper, I have known for years - I feel absolutely dreadful for admitting this, But if it wasn't for my husband being able to hear a baby cry at night, I couldn't of woken to take care of the baby!
I go into really deep sleeps MOST of the time, I can be completely unawares as to what my body is doing.
Sometimes (when I first got together with my Husband) I used to kick and lash out in my sleep (due to past traumatic experiences).

Now, there is an ''App'' on the iPhone which I have downloaded.
You set it up, put it next to your pillow and it monitors your sleep, whether it be light or deep sleep.
Please bare in mind the time I got to sleep is because I am having problems with insomnia at the moment - My close friends will know why and what's happened but it's not something I wish to share on this blog at the moment.
So bare in mind my sleeping issues, I have decided co-sleeping is NOT safe for me and my family.
It's not to say it isn't safe for those light-sleepers out there, as long as they know their limits, and please also bear in mind with restless nights sleep the more chance you go into a deep sleep so as not to get disturbed.

So here is my graph from last night - again, this is the exact reason I do NOT co-sleep.
Especially with a history of Cot Death it's not something I wish to try either.
(Just because I do not co-sleep my children are never put into a different room than ours.
Our first born was moved into his own room at 14 months old, second child 15 Months, our third child is STILL in with us at 2 years 5 Months old, and we have 10 month old Twins also in our bedroom - so that's 5 of us in ONE bedroom.)

Picture: Graph, Last nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment