Monday 6 December 2010

circumcision <--- Why hurt them?

It's something I have struggled with now for years.
I have been a Mother now only 6 years, but I struggle to see why any sane Mother would want to cause harm to their baby?
There has been a story recently ALL over Facebook, Twitter, Even YouTube about a Mother who circumcised her child, who was already struggling for life with a Congenital Heart Defect known as HLHS.
I want to remain on the outside of the whole argument!


It's very sad that this little boy's Mother has to deal with the death of her son, Let alone the fact that all the 'intactivists' are ganging up on her, leaving nasty messages on her blogger page.


The person in the wrong IS the surgeon who agreed to do this to a little boy who was already clinging to life.
THAT is who should be getting all this slack, because whilst I do not agree with circumcision, the Mother chose her preference but it was the surgeon who actually cut him open and in turn, killed this poor little boy.


I do not condone any of the darn right hurtful comments that have been thrown at this woman - and in particular the YouTube video by some Autistic child?!
1) his voice is darn annoying 2) he is cruel and 3) I suspect he has no idea what a CHD is, let alone how fateful they are!


This boy might of died from HLHS alone - of course that's always the point, of all the CHD's my friends with HLHS children have lost their child or the child is **really** ill.
But again, the point is the operation should not of been carried out.


For me, Personally it's never an option I don't see the need to put my child through un-necessary hurt and harm.
As it was my eldest was born with the congenital defect, 'Hypospadious' with 'chordee'.
He has since had corrective surgery to look 'normal' down there - that, yes was my decision because:


1) It was interfering with his potty training (He was 5 and still not able to go on the toilet)
2) Although it was a cosmetic surgery, I didn't want him to feel 'not normal' when changing in the school changing rooms or later in life.


This child was also born with other abnormalities and he has been through lots of developmental issues too.
I did what I thought was best.


circumcision is something I don't tend to talk about, because for us - it was never even talked about, it was a pure and simple no-go-area.


My best wishes go to this family as they are still grieving for the loss of their dear sweet Boy, Rest In Peace xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment