Wednesday 27 April 2011

Being a Doula

I hope that this year, is my year. To become a Doula.
I have spoken to a lovely lady yesterday, who I then e-Mailed and all going well, Will be doing a ''taster'' course only 5 days after my Grampy is due to be laid to rest.


It's something I have wanted to do now for a few years and something I feel passionately about. 
I always wanted a career but never knew what in - Until I had children.


My path is clear, I know what I must do in order to achieve my dreams, and I will get there.


I want to make a difference, I want to educate women on their birth is their choice - Something I feel many 'professionals' forget.


I have received some fantastic support in my career choice already from Family and Friends.
When ever someone in pregnant, almost always they come to me for help and advice and I love that, There is so much more to pregnancy and birth than having scans and being told how you will deliver your child, it is something a Mother should think carefully about, and when the professionals tell her she needs a caesarean section, sometimes, if not all the time do they warn her of the risks involved, and if the worst comes to the worst and the Mother needs a caesarean, having a friendly face there with her may be a fantastic thing for her, for comforting reasons - especially if she doesn't have a partner or her partner is blood-shy!


Anyway, Blog post over - I have a busy evening ahead, I just wanted to let you all know that I will be doing this 15th May 2011. The day after Dean's Birthday.







No comments:

Post a Comment